At Skin To Soul, we don’t think you need a reason to schedule a massage with us. We know the many wonderful benefits of a weekly, bi-monthly or monthly massage, and hope you do to! Because the importance of massage goes unnoticed most of the time, we wanted to share some incredible reasons why you too, may want to indulge in a massage more frequently than you have in the past. From our therapeutic professionals, here are the first 5 of 25 reasons you’ll want to schedule a massage with our therapists in Woburn, today!
5 OF 25 REASONS TO OPT FOR A MONTHLY MASSAGE
- Relieves stress. Don’t you want to enjoy a living a life that’s less stressful? We sure do! Massage therapy studies have found that different kinds of massage, including trigger point therapy, provide a significant decrease in systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure and a decrease in heart rate. Additionally, psychological states of individuals were measured with the Perceived Stress Scale, Anxiety State Scale and POMS Depression Scale, and they were shown to decrease. This only means one thing, the act of massage is scientifically proved to decrease stress levels on both physical and psychological levels.
- Relieves postoperative pain. Massage can aid in a fast postoperative recovery by reducing pain and the time of recovery. Research has shown that massage can help to decrease pain intensity, the amount of pain experienced and how long the pain lasts by increasing levels of feelings of well-being and calmness.
- Reduces anxiety. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, there are over 40 million adult American who suffer from different kinds of anxiety disorders, and research indicates massage can reduce anxiety in many different individuals, including but not limited to:
- Patients with chronic pain
- Cancer patients
- Psychiatric patients
- Children with illnesses
- Individuals with lower back pain
- People with headaches
- Healthy adults
- Stroke patients
- Women in labor
- Burned adolescents
- Patients with fibromyalgia
- And many more…
- Manages low back pain. Finding an effective treatment for lower back pain may have been hard, until now. Scientists have discovered that massage has the ability to decrease low back pain, decrease disability associated with low back pain, decrease depression and anxiety associated with low back pain and demonstrates decreased disability and pain over time.
- Help decrease pain from fibromyalgia. For decades, researchers worked tirelessly to find any sort of pain reducing treatment which helps individuals reduce the signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia. Any sort of pain in the muscles, ligaments, tendons and other soft tissues can be aggravating when suffering from fibromyalgia, but scientists have finally found a remedy: Massage therapy. In a study completed by the National Institutes of Health, researchers found that massage therapy benefited them by reducing pain up to 44 percent.
SCHEDULE A 60-MINUTE MASSAGE TODAY!
Clearly, there are many different ways massage may be able to benefit you. Whether you’re dealing with low back pain, an amount of stress you’d like to reduce or are wanting to fight anxiety, massage therapy is a wonderful way to achieve success. We’re not finished giving you all 25 reasons to opt for massage, so be sure you stay tuned for our next blog. In the meantime, schedule a massage with us online today!